A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 10 June 2019

Buying Internship pt.3


Hello everyone and happy summer! 

Last Wednesday I completed the last day of my internship. I honestly cannot believe how fast these ten weeks have flown by, or even that I have now completed the first year of the master program! Crazy...

My main goal for this field study course and the internship was, besides learning more about the company and industry, to challenge myself and say yes to any challenges or tasks that my supervisor asked of me, even if they felt too hard or too scary for me to do. We're all here to learn anyways, right? I am the first to admit that I often took simpler tasks over hard ones and used methods and ways of working that I knew work, but I didn't want to lose this opportunity to break these patterns.

So, on my last day, I held a presentation for the Home Department that I’ve been working at and presented my findings from the competitor analysis that I started in April (that I told you more about in my previous post). Presenting in front of a group of people is something I've always felt insecure and unsure about, even if it is done as a group. This presentation, however, I did by myself in front of 30 people for over 30 minutes. Yikes! But it went really well. That if nothing shows that if your passionate about your topic, time flies by in presentations as well ;) and it really is more enjoyable to speak in front of a group of people when you know the topic by heart and do not have to memorize a script.

Getting an opportunity to have an internship as a part of the curriculum was something I missed when I took my bachelor prior to the studies at Borås University. Just getting out of the lecture halls and to see how people work in the industry you want to pursue after graduation has been really healthy. Not only have I gotten the chance to get to know and work with people with impressive experience and skills, but the internship has also boosted my confidence by showing me that I also have a lot to contribute to such a workplace and that everyone needs to start somewhere.

Hope everyone enjoys their summer! 
/ Ellinor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.