A blog from the University of Borås

Saturday 15 June 2019

Buyer assistant internship part 2.

Hello everybody!!

Thought I check in with you again. So the internship has been intense. The place where I worked experienced a move throughout my time there. We moved two floors down so this was a primary task of mine to make sure that the move will go smoothly. I was working with this move for several of weeks, so it really felt as I have always had things to do. Apart from my daily work tasks of answering l/d and strike offs and managing the sample room, my days were filled with packing all the clothes into boxes and sorting out the clothes from old seasons that will go to the sale. This was fun part though - the internal headquarter sale that happens every other month where all the samples are sold for very cheap prices!

So after I had packed everything into boxes and moved down the entire collection room to two floors down -  it was still around 3 weeks to go until the actual office move. This made my job even more intense, where everytime I had to comment something I had to get the sample ref. from the collection room.

Another thing that was a daily task for me was sitting in the program InDesign and updating the overviews of the collection that we are planning for AW19. During my time there, we already started planning the collection SS20 - and it feels a bit sad that I cannot fully be apart of that because I definitely think it will be a bestseller ;) well at least for the children, since I am at the children's department. But at least I can say that after this internship my InDesign skills have gotten much better, and that's always a merit in the fashion world!

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend now and I will talk to you next week which will be my last post from my time here.

Best wishes
Samanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.