A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 3 June 2019

Less is More @ ASKET - Pt. 1

It’s been a little over a month for me at this amazing workplace “ASKET”, a Stockholm based young clothing brand and it is extremely hard to sum up my experiences and opinions I have for it, but I’ll try my best J

It has changed my perspective of “sustainability” that everyone is talking about and made me believe that it could be more than just greenwashing.
It is extremely enlightening to see the power to drive change when a brand is built on a foundation of sustainable practices instead of having sustainability as a mere “ a must to have” to run the finances of a  business.

The two young, non-fashion background founders of the company came up with the idea for this brand during their thesis (hopefully I can do that soon) and since then they are on a mission to slow down the fashion industry. Their vision of “Pursuit of less” really makes your brain think about what is it that we really need. It has affected my buying decisions for sure – now I am also a believer of “a permanent collection” of meaningful essentials as they put it J

Sitting in their weekly meetings I could see how every decision and action at the office, be it product or marketing, has to go through the lens of social and environmental benefits. Of course, the truth remains that companies are there to profit but what I learnt is you can do that and feel good about yourself at the same time. It is not so hard and definitely not impossible.

Apart from that, the brand is definitely a place to be in. You will find a bunch of young innovative minds in a super cool showroom cum office space having fun through culture night every second Wednesday. You can spot us at museums, amusement park or sometimes just watching a classic movie screening at the office- it is time to watch the documentary “True cost” this Wednesday, looking forward to it!

Until next time!
Noopur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.