A blog from the University of Borås

Friday 28 June 2019

Buyer assistant internship part 3. The last post

Hello for the last time!

This will be my last post from my buying assistant internship period. The last weeks went by so fast and I am so grateful for this opportunity. I have learned so much from my time here, and I find it to be a great advantage that I was trusted with so much responsibility. My internship did not consist of having to do any presentation or project for the company, yet I was entrusted with the job tasks of a buying assistant from the first week. Now I can confidently say that I am familiar with the entire process of product development and how it works in a company. I have learned all the tasks of a buying assistant and got acquainted with the daily job of a buyer. Throughout my time being the main task was to have daily contact with the suppliers through email, and this has been the most advantageous lesson I learned as I am now confident with the specific way of interacting with them as well as the terms that are used in a specific way.

Overall the ten weeks went by extremely fast and this has been a great experience that has really prepared me for my future career within a company. There were several obstacles such as the move to the other floor that were not planned, so it became a hectic couple of months. But now when it is over, I really appreciate all my colleagues and everything that they have taught me. I will miss the business environment and the daily creations of new clothing designs. Hopefully I will return soon!

Have a fantastic summer!

All the best wishes,
from Samanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.