A blog from the University of Borås

Saturday 28 April 2018

Reflecting on the first weeks at Bubbleroom


Hello all you bloggers! 

As I write this it is Tuesday and after a week-end in the sun, Borås is yet again a whirl of strong winds and cold rain, lovely ain’t it? To brighten my own mood a bit, I thought I would write down some uplifting memories from starting my internship at bubblerrom.se exactly four weeks ago.

Bubbleroom is a place much like it’s name; the people who walk the corridors and work the hours away are all passionate, inspiring people who prove to me everyday that I have made the right choice for the last step of my education. In the work so far I’ve been introduced to the every day procedures of working as a buyer/purchase assistant and I fell grateful for being allowed to do exactly what the team responsible for me is doing as well. I’ve listed the main tasks below to show you what a day may include work wise:

  • Writing product specifications
  • Creating new articles in the database for the products which are about to be ordered
  • Producing order confirmations and e-mailing the external contacts about it
  • Accompany the purchasers in the team to meetings with suppliers
  • Helping with this and that in the photo-studio
  • Preparing for a sample sale held for redistribution of left-over/returned products


So you see, so far I’ve really gotten a wonderful introduction into the full cycle of purchasing and distributing the styles of the seasons in an e-commerce company and I look forward to the other half of my internship at this amazing company!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.