A blog from the University of Borås

Sunday 15 April 2018

The first two weeks at Monki

Hi everyone!

Two weeks ago, I started my internship at Monki’s HQ in Gothenburg, where I will spend my internship within their purchasing department. Monki is a Swedish fashion brand that was founded in Gothenburg in 2006, but since 2008 the company has been part of the H&M Group. Today Monki has a present at the market in Europe, Asia and the Middle East, both in physical store and online. 

During my internship I will assist the buying assistants in my team in their daily work, which among other things includes sample-handling, order follow up and order quantification. At Monki the buying assistants work closely with the buyer, the designer, the design assistant and the pattern maker, hence I will also get and insight in the assortment planning, the assortments building and the development process. 

Even though it only been two week since I first entered Monki HQ, it feels like ages ago - so much has happened since then! For instant, I have got an insight in how the buying processes work at Monki, participated in a “travel meeting” where the buyers and designers presented trends and inspiration they spotted during their recent inspiration trips, handled samples of various kinds, and helped the buyer assistants to organise photo samples for the up coming campaigns. 

Also, the environment at the Monki HQ is really fantastic; it feels like one big family, and the people are truly amazing – friendly, inspiring and ambitious. I really look forward to learn more from them during the upcoming weeks. 


Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.