A blog from the University of Borås

Thursday 19 April 2018

LIFE at EcoVIking

Hello, everyone! It's my fourth week of 10 weeks internship (My boss and I agreed on 10 weeks internship while 
every Friday is off for writing!). I love working here because of open-mind, international, flat and comfortable
atmosphere. Through the close engagement with CEOs, I have been seeing how this company has grown so much 
within a short period of time and it is very interesting and inspiring. I appreciate their openness for new ideas from 
interns and let us involve big projects. Through those activities of different projects, I have been able not only to
learn and gain specific skills and experience but also to grasp whole business flows in small-size startup company.

For those who haven't heard about EcoViking, EcoViking was co- founded by three men in Gothenburg and 
provide Eco-friendly baby products such as glass baby bottles ( “Plastic = Not Fantastic” as we say) and 
100% natural rubber pacifiers internationally. The products are simple, clean  and Scandinavian design which 
have been appreciated among Eco-conscious parents. Now the company has about distributors in 19 countries 
over the world (Here is the link : https://www.ecoviking.com/).

My role here as an intern is very diverse since it is a small start up company and they are willingly letting us to 
try different projects. So far, I have been engaging 1) Be to Be business, 2) product development, and 3)
influencer marketing.

Be to Be business : Here I have created lists of potential distributors for baby products in Japan with 
researches and content analysis of websites. It was also my advantage of having friends who are CEOs
of baby clothing companies from Japan who I gained more local information from. After checking their 
homepages, I called them to introduce our products to build new business partnership. Via emails and 
follow up calls, I have been developing business relationship in Japanese market.  

Product development : Here, I am in charge of designing and developing a new product, pacifier clips. Since 
our brand is Swedish, we are looking for such design as simple, clean and Scandinavian style that  
can be appreciated by and fit to both parents and babies. So far, I have been collecting inspiring images 
and expanding ideas by discussing with co-workers. 

Influencer marketing : One of our competitors have been growing with influencer marketing success  
and the company also has put more effort for this type of marketing. I have been finding potential
influencers (targeting “micro influencers who have 1,000 to 20,000 followers) who are fashionable, 
stylish, and young mothers.  

It has been great three weeks working here especially since I have passion for sustainability and great interests
in entrepreneurship. For be to be business, I am fortunate to have a great mentor who have degree in logistics 
and have about 15 years of sales experience who tells me and demonstrate the great skills for international 
business partnership building. For product development, it is very fun and inspiring to see different designs 
for baby products. For influencer marketing, as we discussed in the first meeting, some of the products are 
sold not because of the product quality but because of the success of influencer marketing. It is fun to research 
and content analyze to find the best influencers for our target customers. Because of the small size of the 
company, I have been able to engage different and responsible projects which have given me great opportunity 
to learn not only specific skills and gain new experience but also to see the essence of how the start-up company 
can grow so fast. I am looking forward to developing the projects and continue to enjoy work here!


I hope everyone is having valuable and fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.