A blog from the University of Borås

Friday 27 April 2018

Traceability in Textile Value Chains: The Conference

Hi there! I love reading about all the different experiences we are having. After an exhausting but quite amazing 9th week of the field study, I have the time to sit down and write a little bit about the Conference I told you I was helping organize in my first post.

The Conference was held last Tuesday and it focused on a joint project initiative by the UNECE and the ITC (International Trade Centre) on Enhancing Transparency and Traceability in Textile and Leather Value Chains. We had almost 20 speakers involved in roundtable discussions around policy recommendations, standard development and regulations in the industry. The magical thing of the UN is really its convening power of bringing together all stakeholders to engage in the discussions. 

It went really well and the best part of this experience is I am getting to know people involved in all kind of organizations related to the sector, from private companies, to industry associations, NGOs, standard-setting and certification bodies, international organizations and governments. 

The following weeks I will be doing follow-up work on this conference, as well as focusing on the Copenhagen Youth Fashion Summit which I will be attending in mid May (see you soon Gizem, Victor and Jamilla =) . As my internship period is coming to an end by the 25th of May, I am happy that I have been offered the possibility to extend my work period here for 2 more months. 

I am leaving you here a collage with some of the Twitter repercussions after the Conference, as well as the webpage, where as from next week (not yet, have to rest a bit....), you will be able to find the ppts of the speakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.