A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 12 January 2015

Impressions within Fast Fashion IV

Hallå!
  



The new year just began and I'm already back in business. More and more colleagues return from vacation and the normal daily routine sets in. For the retail establishment department this means that all the rental contracts are checked very carefully for expiration dates and of course the sales data from the Christmas period arrives from the stores. Otherwise it is quiet now as within the beginning of the year as shop openings are very seldom and not so efficient as the buying power of the customers is not as high right now.

As my internship ends this month I finish more and more of my tasks as for instance a construction supplier overview in Germany divided in regions. Next week I will join a business trip to Stockholm in order to assist my mentor and to look at some locations for evaluation purposes. Looking back at the last two months I have to say that I am extremely grateful for my time here as I experienced a wide overview within the business of retail development. My internship took me through all the steps; from the retail establishment to retail design and visual merchandising, I received a 360° view over all the process and I learned a lot from the time that I spent here.

Also, when it comes to fast fashion and the efforts I've seen towards a more sustainable approach in terms of quality and environmental use, it made me happy to see that there are people working very hard to achieve sustainability.

Now the fun part of writing my field study report begins and if the weather stays that way, it cannot take too long.

Best regards,

Sven








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.