A blog from the University of Borås

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Internship in Vietnam part 1

Hello mates! 

I am finally back in Swede after two months i Vietnam. I will share my experience with you but we need to rewind to 2014. 
My internship took place in a company that works with leather good are of crocodile skin and ostrich leather. The first two week started off with an introduction of the entire company and I got loads of documents to read in order to understand the different divisions but the tricky part was that all were in vietnamese, so I had to google translate it all even though I can speak the language reading is a totally another thing since the different signs above and under the letters. However I mange to go trough the papers and joined the division that I was learning about at the same time. 

After introduction I worked with the marketing department. I had so many questions regarding their marketing approach, from a westernized pair of eyes confusion was all that I saw. I could not receive the image of the brand and what they wanted to project, maybe it was me that could not decode the messages or could a local receive the message? I asked the marketing manager how they reason regarding their brand appearance in the different marketing channels, she said that she knew that is not optimal but the question is not what you do rather how you do it. Vietnam is a market with consumer that generally have low brand awareness, how does branding works then? 


An interesting question for all of you textile management students out there, something to think about if you have one or two minutes over. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.