A blog from the University of Borås

Saturday 10 January 2015

Maybe not that boring after all?

Greetings from Oslo! 
For a week now I have been helping out with product texts that will be used on the company’s web shop (the international market). When I got introduced to this task I got warned that it wasn’t the most fun task, but it was one of the most important tasks that needs to be done in order for them to sell their products online.

Yes it was so true, this task is time consuming and a bit boring. But from a positive side I got to see every garment in the SS15 collection before they will enter the stores. Besides I got new insight into what materials, quality, fit and special features that the designers had put into each product. From a marketing perspective I learned how to write interesting and informative texts that will help the customers in their decision-making when shopping online.

In the process I learned how they work with this task, what types of programs they use and how to use them. It was also interesting to see that communication is a key factor, where the designers, the web administrators, the photographer and the marketing department needs to communicate well with each other, in order to provide me with information that I needed - to be able to write good texts.  



From this experience I will take with me that boring tasks is maybe not that boring after all, if you just give them a chance!

//Marthe 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.