A blog from the University of Borås

Friday 16 January 2015

The Nordic heritage in Germany


Moin!

I have moved to the north of Germany to do my internship in the company which is at the same time a premium interior brand with the Nordic heritage, providing unique and high quality textiles as well as carpets. All of the products are characterized by brightness, pureness and clearness typical for the Scandinavian design.

The company is a medium size enterprise with hundred years of experience that offered me the internship within the marketing department. The marketing office is located in the company headquarters and is directly connected with the textile showroom allowing being constantly in touch with current collection of textiles and carpets. Additionally marketing team is in a close cooperation with a product development department so I am very excited to work together and learn from designers. Every day brings new knowledge and challenge.

At the beginning of my internship period I was involved in cross-training in all departments of the company. I have learnt how to use the main computer program which integrates all departments within the headquarters as well as all subsidiaries around the world. In the purchasing department I developed abilities of managing the stock based on the evaluation of sales sheets with hundreds of data, therefore I have mastered the capability of placing orders of new textiles and carpets for a warehouse.

I feel that I have learned so much already during the cross-training before starting the work in the marketing department. And the real work brought much more!

Tschau und bis bald!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.