A blog from the University of Borås

Tuesday 19 May 2015

A normal day for me at Lindex

Hi,

So I said I would write about how a normal day looks like for me at Lindex. First I start off with a big cup of coffee while the computer is starting up all the programs. I usually begin with going through my mail inbox to see if there are any problems or questions at the production offices. I work with offices in Bangladesh, China and Pakistan mostly. It is interesting to communicate with people around the world, and I have learned that it's important to be very clear and simple in my writing to reduce misunderstandings between each other.

I normally lay orders in the systems based on the purchasers instructions, and there is a bit of adminitrative work and filing orders into the right cover etc.

Around 11 a lot of samples arrives with the post service.  There are different types of samples sent to us in different stages of the production process. First they send an offer or development sample for us to look at and accept or dismiss. Then a first sample is sent, and then it is normally the measurements that are being tested and mostly the fabric and trims are just available, not actual.
Then there is a counter sample, when the garment is pretty much finished and has the right fabric timmings and color etc. Lastly a production sample is sent and that is how it will look in the stores - the finished product.

So I comment out on these samples and make sure the production offices get the information they need in order to improve the garment if necessary, so they can continue in their process of finishing the products.

These are my everyday duties, although there are a lot of meetings and other little extra tasks for me to do as well.

Br,
Daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.