A blog from the University of Borås

Saturday 16 May 2015

Internship at HOPE!

Hello, my name is Åsa Hjelte and I am doing my internship at the Swedish designer brand HOPE, situated in Stockholm. I am based at the production and purchasing department at the head office in Stockholm, aiming to gain an insight in the buying and production process of a middle-sized fashion company.


My first weeks at HOPE have rather been busy from day one (but also instructively of course) with lot of new information and impressions to manage. I have been involved in different tasks that belong to the daily work duties of the buyers such as quality testing of received prototypes, pre production samples and sales samples. I have already learned so much about different materials, much more than I thought I actually would. I have also had the opportunity to attend several design meetings, since the production and design department work very closely and are therefore dependent on each other. I have also attended some meetings with suppliers and agencies coming from different countries to discuss upcoming collections and the choice of garment, patterns etc. All meetings have been very interesting since it gives me the opportunity to analyze the interactions between the different participants, as well as it contributes with lot of new knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.