A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 25 May 2015

Trims Department

All collection's starts with inspiration's meetings between the head designer, creative director and head manager of trims and fabrics department (my boss-boss). After every meeting, we get a recap and then I do my research. I start by looking at our archive to see if we have something in house that we can present to the next meeting with the head designer. When that's done, I move on to the internet and try to find pictures that can translate what the designers wants, and sending them to our suppliers asking if they have something similar. And then I wait for all the samples be shipped to Stockholm. And this is how it looks like for a couple of weeks, until they have decided what theme and trims they want to have. But everything can change, and be cancelled. And they can change theme from one day to another. 

I can give an example, but I can't say what they actually are going to use or used so I will use terms like A and B and so on to explain different kinds of themes and "creative ideas". 
We are in the middle of the work of Womens Wear Main SS16 right now, and when this started, around 4 weeks ago, the designers had an idea of using A-theme. So I got tons of trims and components of A and they worked on it until last weeks meeting with the creative director, who cancelled it all. So, instead of being in the middle of the process of Main SS16, where we should place all the trims orders for  samples, we started from the beginning again. So, the end of last week and today I have been researching, running around the city and buying components for theme B. And, hopefully, this theme will be in to the end of this collection, but probably not.

What we also do is developing trims for designers, or mostly all the trims we are using are developed for the company, with logos on or specific sizes and so on. Last season Womens Wear Main AW15 we developed a specific puller for all the knitwear and some jackets. That process took around 8 weeks to finish. Here's a picture of the puller for the zipper. 

Acne Studios Ready-To-Wear Main AW15

That's all for me for now.
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.