A blog from the University of Borås

Friday 15 May 2015

Giuli’s Pajamas




My first months at the company are over and time went by so fast. A few weeks ago I proposed my idea to design pajamas and add it to the company’s product portfolio. I was very lucky that everybody loved the idea and that they actually agreed on letting me do it. This is probably one advantage when working at a small company, decisions are made quicker.  This way I can work on a real project which will help me to understand all the various steps that are needed to develop a new product.

So currently I am working on the spec sheet which is a lot more time consuming and difficult than I thought. The most difficult thing right now is to get the sizing right because I don’t have the knowledge and since the company usually manufactures home textile it is a challenge for them as well. But I am in contact with the factory in China which will manufacture the pajamas and we are working together to design a spec sheet. So they will do some samples, send it here and we adjust and look at the specs. The next step after we got the sizing right is to decide on trims and accessories.

So I’m quite busy but it is all very interesting and I am excited for the next weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.