A blog from the University of Borås

Tuesday 16 April 2024

Logistics Intern 1/3

Hi everyone! 

I'm currently starting off my fourth week as an intern at a Swedish outdoor brand where I'm a part of the logistics and warehouse management team. 

So far, my weeks has consisted of getting insights into all the different logistical operations happening on a regular basis and I have also got the opportunity to look into the arrival of the AW24 collection and plan how every item should be stored. Working with the new collection has really made me realize the complexity of warehouse management since the number of items arriving are huge and the storage spaces limited, making it very important to consider all the opportunities and find the most efficient one. This also includes considering which products are forecasted to be the most popular ones so they can be assigned the most convenient storage locations, connecting multiple departements together where everyone have valuable insights to contribute with. 

Therefore, I believe that the recipe to success when launching a new collection truly is teamwork, teamwork and teamwork. Luckily, from my experience so far that is something we are really good at in my company, so I'm confident the AW24 collection will thrive in all ways possible. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.