A blog from the University of Borås

Saturday 6 April 2024

Production Internship 1/3

Hello hello hello!

I have now finished the second week of my Production internship at Fjällräven International here in Stockholm and it's been two very interesting weeks. I've gained a lot of responsibility right away from the start and everyone has been super nice, helpful and welcoming! 

My job is focused on the production of Fjällräven apparel and accessories, where I assist in strategic production planning, quality controls of products, testing of garments and contact with T1 suppliers mainly from Asia etc. I have worked in different systems but mainly in Centric PLM system which is a software platform designed to streamline and optimize the product development and management process. It's like a centralized hub for our different teams to collaborate, communicate and manage all the aspects of a products lifecycle.

During these 10 weeks I will be working on all this stuff. Plus, I've got a side project, which is putting together a manual for our production team. We needed to update it after some changes in the teams and its also a great way for me to understand how the production team works, so that's been keeping me busy too.

It's been a lot of new impressions and a lot to process at work, and there is still a lot to learn, but slowly I'm connecting every dot and understand how it's all connected. Also with moving to a whole new city has been exciting! 

Have a good one! :)

Simon Angelbratt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.