A blog from the University of Borås

Friday 5 April 2024

Malucette Adventure 1/3

 Hello to all, 

I hope you are all doing well!

I'm doing my internship at Malucette which is a menstrual lingerie and swimwear start-up.

My internship began with an intense start. During the first week, I familiarised myself with the team, products, software, and working conditions (Shopify, Klavyo, Notion).  I immediately began making orders to send out to customers and also started working on my main goal, which will last for the two months of my internship: To identify areas for sustainability improvements, the current supply chain and production cycles of existing products were analysed. Additionally, the company's CSR report was written. To structure this task, a framework was created by Claude, Malucette's co-director, and myself. It is important to note that only one former trainee had previously created a file explaining CSR and its importance at Malucette. According to me transparency is particularly crucial for a small start-up selling hygiene products. During my internship, I will have the entire responsibility to create and implement CSR within the company. Firstly, I have to analyse the logistics of the raw materials to bring the clothes into the company including information provided by Claude regarding the stakeholders and different textiles. During the first week, my objective was to identify information gaps and schedule calls with stakeholders to fill them. However, I had to halt the process due to the company's rush. 

During my second week, I did not work on the sustainable aspect of the business. To provide context, the products were blocked by a supplier a year ago, resulting in a backlog of orders. At the beginning of the week, the stocks were restocked and are finally available to complete the orders of customers who are waiting for their parcels to arrive. There are a total of six employees, including myself, in the company. If I had to describe these first two weeks in one word, it would be versatility. During my second week, I assisted in preparing orders and contributed to the 'Grande Braderie Malucette' event, which is an event held to express gratitude to Malucette loyal customers. I assisted with marketing communications and was trained on the Shopify platform to modify product sheets and update stock levels. This concludes my second week :)

Have a nice Week-end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.