A blog from the University of Borås

Friday 5 April 2024

Sustainability Intern 1/3

Hi!

My second week as a sustainability intern at MQ MarQet is now completed! I have been welcomed with open arms into the headquarter in Gothenburg. There have been a lot of new impressions and names to learn, but I am getting there :)

During my ten weeks here, I will assist the sustainability manager in starting up the implementation of the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD). I am very thrilled since this is an upcoming requirement for all companies within the EU in order to increase transparency and comparability, so it feels very important and up-to-date! Our current focus is on conducting a double materiality assessment, a key component of CSRD. This involves an analysis of how the company affects the society and environment as well as how external factors affect the company.

To achieve this, we have mapped out all the value chain steps to identify crucial aspects such as risks, impacts, current strategies and relevant legislation. Our scope includes everything from raw material extraction and animal keeping to end-of-life treatment and collection of textiles. I am convinced that it will be an educational period and I am looking forward to the weeks ahead!

Olivia Svensson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.