A blog from the University of Borås

Wednesday 3 May 2023

MY INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE SO FAR

 Hello to everyone wherever you are in the wooooorld, hope you are having fun, learning a lot and making the most of this time. 

I can't believe it's already my third week in my internship, definitely time flies. I am working in a Swedish brand called CDLP, that is luxury underwear for men and women in the commercial and brand team... my official name is Commercial Coordinator. 

So far I have learned a lot about the company and how it works internally, the platforms that they use, different activities in different areas such as Supply Chain, Customer Care, Marketing and Creative Area and in general how they perform and work their day to day. We are quite a small team and I love that as we get the chance to get to know us and there are no barriers between different ranks... literally I am sitting next to the CEO Andreas. One thing that I love is that every Monday we have a general meeting where we share all the good things that happened, how the company is developing in numbers, areas of opportunity, a quick update from every team and any other relevant thing that might come up. It is a good chance to see / understand how CDLP is doing in general, what everyone is doing at the moment and what is coming.  

My team is based in Paris and New York at the moment, me being the connection to the company in Stockholm so communication is key and I have learned to deal with that the past weeks. I am helping in general everyone but some of my tasks are doing orders for our customers in our different platforms, gifting, going to our retailer NK and make sure the brand is well presented and get a general idea of how is doing, help any wholesaler in case they need information about products and making sure the brand is being communicated as it needs to be. 

Some of the highlights of my weeks here have been:

- A pop up we did at NK. 

- The launch of a collaboration with artist Jwan Yosef. 

- The office where I work (it used to be an old coffee shop in an old house so it feels super cool). 

-Working for half a day in our flagship store to get a feeling of also how we work in that side. 

-Miami pop up as we are expanding the market in USA. 

I am looking forward to my next months here to see what the future brings, learn more about the company, fashion and all that comes in the way. Also very excited that we will have a showroom in Paris over the summer and just found out we are going to be part of Copenhagen Fashion Week for the first time... so my compañeros keep your fingers crossed that they will send this intern to both of them (I WISH). 

Until the next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.