A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 1 December 2014

Fashion Marketing for a Start-Up

Hello,

finally I am publishing my first post regarding the internship I actually started already at the beginning of October as I had the opportunity of joining a fashion start-up from Gothenburg then. They needed help with marketing their upcoming pop-up store, so I took on this role. Now that the store is open, I am still doing marketing and communications but I am also present in the store sometimes.

What have I done during the last weeks? Well, mostly I took care of online marketing activities, such as blogging, updating social media and contacting press and other bloggers. However, I also helped out with other tasks such as planning the launch event, shooting outfits with models, uploading products to the online store (on Tictail and iZettle, two platforms I have never worked with before) and I also implemented a feedback form on the website for customers who have ordered something from the store. 


A behind-the-scenes picture I took during one of our shootings ;) 
I think I have already learnt a lot and gotten a great overview about how exciting, yet difficult, it is to start your own business. There is so much you have to consider and you have to maintain a very flexible attitude whilst not losing focus of your goals as you depend on so many factors/other people/technology that can cause the silliest problems at the worst times. I think it is important to stick together as a team in order to overcome these issues that might arise and I feel like we are a very good team and I am happy to have joined this project! 

The concept of the start-up is quite special and therefore the pop-up store, which has opened in November, is kind of a trial period for the company. My learning outcome will probably be very different from other peoples' as our strategy is more about trial and error and adjusting than having set rules already that I can just suck in. As I am very interested in entrepreneurship though, I think this was a perfect choice and I will tell you more about the concept in my next post.

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.