A blog from the University of Borås

Tuesday 16 December 2014

Impressions within Fast Fashion III

Hallå!
  


2014 is closing in now and my colleagues are slowly getting into the Christmas mood. I spent the whole last week within the visual merchandising department und helped them setting up window displays and style examples in the store. Furthermore, I learned how to adjust the lighting so that the merchandise is being presented in an efficient way and how to place the garment racks to create a nice walking path for the customers.
 
In the beginning of this week I went on a business trip to Malmö in order to speak with the owners and planners of a shopping center about their upcoming strategies and challenges. The meetings were held in Swenglish which helped me to follow the conversation and also to better my Swedish. Through this meeting I further learned how the brands and their landlords keep close relationships in order to reduce the chance of miscommunication and surprises. Both parties are very open when it comes to strategies and threats that are expected.
 
For me personally, I get more and more comfortable to be in meetings and also to take initiatives such as asking questions in regard of the company that I am working for.
 
The plan for this week is more or less to do some administrative work concerning the stores in Germany and a meeting with the CSR-Manager is also booked which will give me some insights how the company is dealing with social responsibility issues.
 
So far so good.
 
I wish you all a very nice Christmas and a happy New Year.
 
Bäst regards,
 
Sven R.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.