A blog from the University of Borås

Wednesday 3 December 2014

Quality assurance

After almost four weeks at this internship, routines start to appear and my knowledge is increasing. After three weeks at the purchasing department, I have moved to the quality assurance department. This is to see how this department works, but also to understand more how the purchasing and quality assurance work together. Since I have decided to write my report about how different departments work together and how the organization is built, this gives me a good opportunity to understand this collaboration.

During this week at the quality assurance department I have learned a lot. I now know much more about different testing methods, how to measure the garment correctly and more about washing the garments. Even though I want to work with purchasing, it is extremely important to understand the whole chain and know about the different processes and I think this will only help me in the future.

I have understood that the quality assurance can look different in the fashion industry depending on which company you visit. But at my internship, the quality assurance department is quite huge with four employees that only work with this. It is fun for me to see this since this since it is a little bit rare.


I am looking forward to continue this internship, after this week I am going back to the purchasing department. But I will also visit the design department and the garment technicians department. This will help me with the report and make me understand all the different processes, which also makes me understand more about the fashion industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.