A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 8 December 2014

First impressions

It is the very first day of my internship. It has been exciting. The office is a small one and there are only 11 people working in the company. Three of them are interns. Everyone is young - if not by age at least at heart. There are brown cardboard boxes everywhere and samples on the tables. The feeling that I get here is totally different from that of an office of a huge, multinational company. Here you can actually see things happen - not just papers being moved from one pile to another. 

My project is to calculate the Higg index for the products of the company - maybe even on the brand level later on. The company I work for makes hats, beanies, bags and other accessories for both men and women. They are known for their concern for the environment and actually the products are mostly made out of recycled materials or industry left-overs. I believe that knowing the Higg index of their products could actually benefit the company - to help them see what they could do better, what are the impacts if they change some materials and to compare with other players in the industry.

We had a small meeting concerning my project and now I am even more excited than before. The company has a clear vision of how they will benefit the Higg index in their daily business. It is nice to know that my work will be beneficial and of use even after I'm done. 

Now it's time to roll up my sleeves and start working!

Cheers,
Noora


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.