A blog from the University of Borås

Saturday 18 June 2016

All the good things come to an end.

Hej hello!

As the title suggest, my internship has come to an end.
It was such a great journey, from moving to another country to working in a small start-up team, meeting challenges and testing my own abilities.

I would like to use this last post to reflect on the outcomes of this internship.

Working as a fashion intern in the combyne company which developed and launched the fashion app as a creative tool was not only a lot of fun but also very challenging. The tasks I had were very diverse which gave me an insight into every segment of the company and the product and I enjoyed that to the maximum. Knowing the product gave me better working skills, less mistakes and very good time usage. I enjoyed working with import of the fashion items from different brands into the app, I especially enjoyed creating Style Lists for users and educating them and giving them inspiration on how to work with fashion. I met a big challenge working in the Influencer Marketing and realizing how hard it is to work with no budget, especially when your product is not something wearable or usable (expect virtually). I found marketing of such a product very challenging and two months were not enough to get completely into it and figure it out but they were quite enough to understand that fashion is not only a wearable item or a service. I expected from internship to be challenging and motivating and that is what I got. It was a great opportunity to be a part of a fast growing company and growing and learning with the team was great, I feel like I grew my fashion sense, get an insight in many different brands and styles, learnt how to communicate with influencers and also learnt how to present and market a fashion app.

All in all, this internship has provided me so much more knowledge, working skills and responsibility. I tested my own working habits, my own knowledge, interests and happily confirmed that I fashion is my world.

I experienced how it is to work in a start-up, how it is to work with little or no budget when creativity takes its place and I learnt how to work in a small team and with a virtual product which was amazing. If there would be another internship, I would love to challenge myself in a bigger, established company for a change...

...and until then...

Have a lovely day!

Andrea Simunic


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.