A blog from the University of Borås

Tuesday 14 June 2016

Two weeks till holidays

Over the last few weeks things have started to settle down a little. I finished the project that I had been hired to do two weeks ago and now find myself helping out with developing Houdini's next step in sustainable action. We have started to recieve responses for Houdini's planetary boundaries and some of them are golden. Here is an example. When asked the amount of energy needed per kg to process wool fibre, the supplier responded "no, only need rain and sunshine". A very interesting point  but if I may add the sheep probably need some food as well. Needless to say we had to recontact them and had to clarify the question with them. It takes a huge amount of time to get any info related to sustainability from the suppliers and manufacturers and often their are a few misunderstandings (but we are used to that thanks to group works).
My new project has been to help Houdini develop another questionnaire that would hopefully limit the possible misunderstandings and get more valuable information. It is crazy to think that only two weeks are left. I have loved every moment of being in Stockholm and experiencing Sweden in the Summer. My tenure here will end on midsummer and I am very much looking forward to that as well.

Much love,

Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.