A blog from the University of Borås

Tuesday 14 June 2016

Training materials


For the past three weeks, I’ve been writing training materials. I’m not sure, if that’s what I’d call them myself, but that’s what they’re known as in the company. They’re basically documents where I write about different categories of accessories – for example, hats, scarves, gloves, belts, jewellery, etc. With the help of WGSN and looking at our company’s collections, I put together texts about each accessory category for each of our brands. The final text is supposed to help the sales people in our stores sell the merchandise. Basically, the texts are similar to marketing texts, I talk about what the main trends of the season are, which colours, patterns and textures are most popular and how to wear the accessories and combine them with garments from the collections. It has been an interesting assignment, but I am truly happy I managed to finish all of the training materials by now. It was not an easy task at time – for example when talking about hats, gloves and scarves where fur is dominating the trends and is used on all of them in the collections of four brands. So I was supposed to figure out how to talk about the fur trend and sell it in 12 different ways, when all I really wanted to say about hats, scarves and gloves was that if you want to be warm during the winter, you’d better buy them. I was pretty fed up with trend talks by the end of that assignment, but at least I am very well informed on the accessory trends of A/W 16/17 now.

Johanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.