A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 13 June 2016

Getting to know the company


On the third week of my internship I attended information days for new workers. This is something that is organized every three months to introduce the company and its facilities to new employees. The first introduction day included visiting the sewing factory and logistics centre. A tour was organized for us, showing every operation from receiving the fabrics and sending them to manufacturing to packing the garments. The sewing factory is in Tallinn and most of the items are sewn there. All knits are out-sourced, since the company doesn’t have the machinery needed for manufacturing knit items. I visited the factory during my bachelor’s for a similar tour, but at the time, I was studying pattern making, therefore the things I focused on at the time were different from the ones I focused on this time. It’s interesting to see, how my focus has changed so that I am more aware of the whole supply chain now than I was before, when I was mostly focused on only the manufacturing part.

Johanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.