A blog from the University of Borås

Wednesday 20 April 2022

Blog Post by Shafin 1/3 (CLO3D)

 Hej everyone,

I hope you are all doing well with your field study / Internship in your respective field. I started my research internship with the help of Handelslabbet at Högskolan i Borås. The field I am working in is to understand and develop garments with the help of 3D design software CLO3D.

CLO3D is one of the widely used design tools in the fashion industry. The purpose of the software is to design apparel with the help of 2D patterns and simulate the garments on a 3D avatar. This allows designers, product developers, and manufacturers a great deal of understanding of a particular product in an initial stage.

There are quite a number of features that you can do with the help of the software. This makes the software quite complex for new users. This is why my first task was to find out tutorials to guide me in the designing stage. I can say that I am getting used to the interface and figuring out the necessary tools that CLO offers to its users. Features include creating 2D and 3D sketches, sewing garments digitally, adding accessories like buttons, zippers, etc., simulation, and rendering the garments to see the movement and drapes.

I have also participated in a lecture provided by Maja Maria Design. A company that solely works with this tool. I will also participate in another workshop on digital textiles and digital work tools by Teko. 

Until then, cheers!

P.S: I'll try to share some of the work here in this blog


                       

Fig: Designs developed using CLO3D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.