A blog from the University of Borås

Friday 22 April 2022

IFS_ FTalliance_ Blog-post by Arafat (1/3)

Hello everyone,

I hope you guys are doing well with your field studies.

I started my Individual Field Study with Fashion-Tech Alliance on a Project Internship position and already, more than three weeks have passed since I started collaborating with them.

For those who are unfamiliar with this consortium, FTalliance is a three-year academic-industry co-operated Knowledge Alliance Project co-founded by the European Union's Erasmus+ Programme with the goal of facilitating the exchange and flow of knowledge within the Fashion-Tech sector. On the very first week, I was placed with one of the hosting companies, WLY, an innovation consultancy agency focusing on the fashion industry, helping companies to find new strategies, business models, and revenue streams.

From project proposal, selection to confirmation, it was full of excitement. Traceability for circularity in textiles is the topic on which I have been working. The purpose of this project is to identify how fashion brands can improve the existing state of traceability for the circularity of textiles. To make it more interesting, the project would be accomplished considering not only from the brand's perspective but also from the sorters'/recyclers' perspective.

Several zoom meetings have already taken place with the WLY supervisor and the university supervisor. They have always been super supportive. Several presentations were also delivered from my end as well. I am looking forward to meeting WLY supervisor physically next week.

I will be right back after a few weeks with updates regarding my project. Enjoy your field studies.

Have a nice weekend!

/Arafat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.