A blog from the University of Borås

Wednesday 6 April 2022

First week reflection (post 1/3)


Dear Classmates,


This week was the first week of my internship at Newbody. For you who might not know, Newbody is a Swedish company that supports the swedish and finish youth association life. This is made possible as part of the sales are given back to the different associations that sell Newbody products and when purchasing online the customer can choose an association that the money will go to. The company was first in having this type of business model, which is a model many companies later have followed.


Now you all have some background regarding the company I will be spending these upcoming 10 weeks at, so I will move on to what I have been doing during this first week. As I have an internship position that is in between market and product I have the opportunity to get insight and move around at the different departments of the company and in addition to this, I will focus a lot on sustainability and participate in a sustainability project that will be connected to marketing. Therefore, this first week has been an introduction to the different departments and I have been participating in many meetings in the different departments such as marketing, inbound and product development as well as sales. This has included meetings with for example suppliers, different projects and so on. I have also been introduced to the work that the company is doing with STICA (Swedish Textile Initiative for Climate Action) and I have started to work on an external analysis of how competitors communicate sustainability on their websites. As I mentioned, there have been many meetings, and you might wonder why. Well this is because the company works with something that is called LEAN and daily stand-up meetings are a part of this strategy. Next week I will participate in a workshop about LEAN and will hopefully have more knowledge about it. 


This first week has been full of new experiences and knowledge and I look forward to seeing what the future weeks will bring!


Wish you all best of luck and I hope you are finding your internships fun and educational!


Andrea

 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea! It sounds superinteresting and fun to be a part of such a project! Looking forward to hear more about this lean-strategy thing :D Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sebastian! Thank you very much and your intership at RevolutionRace also sounds super fun.

      All the best
      / Andrea

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.