A blog from the University of Borås

Tuesday 12 April 2022

RAI with Retail Lab - Jannatul (1/3)

 

Hello all,

I have started my research assistance internship with the retail Lab – Handelslabbet at University of  Borås. There were a few opportunities for choosing a topic like digital marketing, eye tracking research, clo3D, and visual merchandising. I fixed to work on Metaverse and how it incremental possibilities for fashion brands.

It was a pleasure to meet the coordinator & rest team from the retail lab on 4th April. There are two more interns. So we all conferred our ideas and thoughts first. Metaverse is a very unique thing for me but I happily accepted the challenges to analyze a new vision. During that meeting, we got the fundamental concept of our project objective and a quick brief about how the retail lab is performing. The retail lab already created a virtual estate with a gallery, office room even a stunning seaside view. I used virtual reality gears which are so thrilling experience.

In the 1st week, I worked through how metaverse has started and which retail brands are utilizing it. Up to now, it is yet in a primary stage like operating a virtual showroom, NFT, nonwearable clothes, and some collaboration with further gaming companies. Last month there was an entire virtual fashion show participating around 60 brands. That program was set by metaverse and a few more startup firms. This could open a new era in this industry. However, the research is still ongoing and I intended to look at prospective opportunities as well as possibilities of retail brands with Metaverse.

I attended a seminar of Maja Maria Design AB which performs on clo3d. Their services are included pattern design, grading, sewing visualization, sample sewing, and printing for fashion brands. They conferred about their business journey, clo3D functions, and so on.

So far my 2 weeks have gone so well. I will join eye-tracking experiments with Gina Tricot this week and hope to explore more new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.