A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 14 May 2018

Buying meeting in Gothenburg

Hello again!

The time is running away from us here at Bubbleroom and today is the first day of my last week here. I thought I'd celebrate it by writing about something oter than the workday tasks. A couple weeks ago I went with one of the purchasers in my team to Gothenburg to attend a spring/summer 19 purchasing meeting with one of their shoe and accessory suppliers. 

After lunch me and Anna at the office took her car over to Gothenburg and found or way to hotel Pigalle in Nordstan. The girls from the supplier company were staying in a suite there for their seasonal meetings there, so we were led there. The room was grand in every sense of the word, with interior designs and furnishing in deep, rich colours and the girls from the company were both increadibly nice and warm when they welcomed us in to look at the collection. We were shown the overall mood and style for spring/summer 2019 over a cup of coffee and after seeing more of the shoes they had brought to the meeting, an open discussion about budgets, styles and the fit to Bubblerooms target customer took place. Together with the girls, me and Anna aggreed on a couple of styles and she asked them to send over the design specific information for the chosen ones. Before I knew it we were off again and out on the streets of Gothenburg where we shopped for some flowers and had fika before we returned back to Borås.

Coming to the meeting was a highly rewarding experience since it gave me a look into how the collections are presented to the buyers and a feel for the selection process after the meeting. The meeting was surprisingly laied back compared to what I had expected and I think it gave the perfect atmosphere to make good purchasing decisions within this amazing, creative business. Other than a really nice day I can also recomend you to stay at hotel Pigalle, if you ever want to treat yourself to a stay in Gothenburg.

Have a GREAT last week at your internships!
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.