A blog from the University of Borås

Sunday 20 May 2018

End of the internship

The internship has come to its end and its time to summarize the two months I’ve spent being part of the LUMI team. All in all it was very educational and fun experience and I think I made a good choice, choosing LUMI for my internship.

There were many good things I enjoyed doing and seeing. I’ve learned useful skills for the future, such as taking product photos and editing them, so for sure I can say that I know Photoshop better now and can work independently with it. Also I learned other practical tools for E-commerce that I will most likely need if I’m going to work within marketing in the future as well (Mailchimp, Wordpress. Etc.). Working in a small company also made it possible for me to participate all the meetings and have my saying for example about their brand refresh, sustainability and how to better reach the millennials and bring new market segments for them. I got to participate other interesting events as well, that you can read more from my previous posts.

I also got to see the not so glamorous side of things, which is the reality of working in an SME and in fashion. I learned a lot about SME owner/manager way of handling things, and how it limits the employee’s creativeness and affects the whole atmosphere in the team. For me this was very interesting actually, as it did not create stress over me since I was just an intern there, but it made me interested also about HR and management, and made me think about different career paths for my future.

Two months went by so fast, and I could’ve stayed even longer at LUMI, and the LUMI team was happy with my work participation as well! Now its time to finish this semester and write the research and start the summer.

I hope all of you had an eventful and good field study and enjoy your summer J


Sonja

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.