A blog from the University of Borås

Tuesday 8 May 2018

Individual field study


Hello!

For my Individual field study I am doing a research project that I feel very excited about and I believe that my time has, and will be, a lot of fun. 

I am doing a research project together with a company here in Borås called Brainforest. Brainforest is a marketing agency which focuses on strategic communication. Brainforest has a lot of customers that I think a lot of us all are familiar with, like KappAhl, Oscar of Sweden and ours truly: University of Borås. 

What I have been, and will be doing, with Brainforest will consist of a case that we will create together will help from Handelslabbet at the University of Borås. We will create a case which will be based on eye tracking tests. Eye-tracking is a technique used to determine where a person is looking. The concepts underlying eye-tracking are pretty simple: track the movement of the users eyes and note what the pupils are doing while the user is looking at a particular feature. We do this by using advanced eye tracking cameras that with very high accuracy can follow eye movements, fix points and even read the pupil size. This information provides deep insights into consumer behavior in order to design revolutionary user interfaces and market materials. Interesting huh??

Next time you hear from me, I will tell you more about the tests and the case that I’ve been working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.