A blog from the University of Borås

Tuesday 29 May 2018

Goodbye for now

Wow, time really flies by when you are having a good time and are busy all day long with interesting and challenging tasks. This will be my last blog post here, though my journey at Monki is far from over jet. I really can not believe I have been at Monki within the purchasing team 8 weeks already, so much has happened since I entered that fantastic colourful office for the first time...

I did never though I would learn this much during two month, nor could I believe how many interesting and inspiring people I got to meet. If I would try to summary my time at Monki I would say that one of the thing that has stroke me as one of the most interesting things during my internship is how the product development process really work – from design meeting to first sample arriving to the office. It has also been really interesting so se how closely the team works together as well as with the people at the Global purchasing office.  Moreover, I have been investigating how the company’s sustainable objectives are taking into account by designers, buyers and buyer assistants in their everyday work and since Monki is a very environmental and sustainable conscious company this has been very exciting. Right now I am performing the last interviews and summarize the observations I have been doing the last couple of weeks in order to start finish the internship report.

Besides observing and interviewing, during the last weeks I have also been busy assisting not only “my team” and my mentors in their every day job, but I have also got the opportunity to help the Buyer at the denim department, which has been really fun since they work in a slightly different manner than how they work in my team. During my last weeks at the internship, and during the summer I will assist her more and more. Hence it feels really good starting getting an understanding for all the various denim styles, articles and washes.


Hope you all got a bit of insight in what is like assisting the buyer assistants at Monki – if you want a fun internship and in the same time learn a lot I can really recommend Monki!

Have a lovely summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.