A blog from the University of Borås

Tuesday 15 May 2018

The summer has arrived to Gothenburg and Monki HQ's roof terrace

Time flies when you’re having fun…!

Hey all,

And hey you lovely summer weather! Right now I am sitting at the roof terrace at Monki HQ during my lunch break,  and actually hiding in the shadow to not make my computer melt in the heat.

It has now been a couple of weeks since I wrote my last blog post about my internship at Monki HQ, Gothenburg and so much has happened since then!

In the beginning of my internship one of my biggest focus was to understand and start using the various IT-program that Monki uses for planning and purchasing, as well as communicating with the global purchasing office. Today, a couple of weeks later, I know the various programs very well and can daily assist the buying assistant in placing orders, making sure every order includes the right articles, in the right quantity, for the right in price, for the right market, with the right “in shop week” and with the right “time of delivery”.  As you can tell is not just about push a button to place an order, there is a lot of work and many preparations in order to do so. Beside helping planning, preparing and placing orders I have also got the responsibility to update the wholesale team new styles in order for them to communicate these ones to Monki’s wholesale partners.  This responsibility further includes preparing samples; lab dips and strikes offs for meetings when the wholesale people come visiting Monki HQ to plan upcoming purchase.

Due to the many diverse work tasks none of my days look the same, which I really appreciate. That means I never get bored and continuously learn new things. Further, my mentors are very encouraging and give me a lot of responsibility to deal with several more difficult tasks my own. For instance, last week one of my two mentors were on vacation and instead of putting her work on someone of the buyer assistants she gave me the responsibility to do her job when she was away. I have never before absorbed that much knowledge during one week, and the expression “learning by doing” suddenly got a new meaning for me. And I got my mentors to thank for that.


Until next time… <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.