A blog from the University of Borås

Wednesday 30 May 2018

Time Flies

Now after almost two months, I find myself again wondering how time flies.
During my last bits of the internship, I did a lot of research about topics that are in close connection to the project I'm involved in. Re:textile provides knowledge as a tool to companies which I, in that case, was responsible to deliver.

My research deals with remanufacturing and automated manufacturing that in best case can enable local production in countries, where it is normally more expensive to produce. In the era of digitalisation and the fourth industrial revolution on the verge, both concepts find more and more attention. Although there is not a lot of research done about remanufacturing yet, I have a sincere trust that in the upcoming years this strategy will be promising for a circular economy respectively for companies to use resources more efficiently and design for it as well.

Automated manufacturing is a side effect deriving from technological development which aims to optimise production flows to become more cost-efficient. It is a very flexible production method that can be assembled according to a company's wishes and production capacity where different parameters have to be considered as well.

The research process equipped me with new insights that appeared valuable for Reused Remade to implement into their current business approach. In these means, and within my given amount of time I tried to discover as much knowledge as possible in order to provide ideas where the company could improve or put further effort in its R&D.

Summing up, the whole project was a learning process how to organise myself, be patient when I was dependent on other people's input and efficient with the resources I already possessed. Project management always requires an interactive network so that communication and reliability are of utmost importance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.