A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 21 May 2018

Final Thoughts

Another Monday has come around, but today I haven’t walked the 15 minutes out of town to be at the office at 8 AM. I’m not sitting at my desk anymore. I’m back in school and I’m well ito writing the introduction chapter of the report. This will be my last blog post and it will revisit the last days I spent at the internship.

The last week really flew by! The first three days we got to work a little bit with the girl who will have taken over our internship spots, Tina. Meeting her was a great reminder of how much I’ve learned on the way, as you recognise your 8-weeks-ago-self in her uncertainty about things and her willingness to learn as quickly as possible. Just like us, she will learn super quickly and soon enough she'll feel secure and confident in her role, I'm sure of it! I spent all Wednesday at the marketing department to see what their days are like. I got to help finding information for the Youtube strategy they are working on, which is an optimal job for me since I usually let youtube eat many hours of my life, haha. The day was really nice and even though it’s difficult (read impossible) to learn everything about a department in a day, I still feel like I got a good glimpse into the marketing world of an e-commerce firm. Great!

On thursday I spent the morning with the girls in the internal team and I asked and asked and asked about their roles as designers, buyers and buying assistants for one of Bubbleroom’s in-house brands. This information is important for my report as well so the time I spent there had a great impact in my learning about the purchasing process as well as about what questions I should ask in my research. After the last day, me and Avesta helped out at Bubbleroom's spring staff party, and it was the perfect ending to a great internship. I'll end the blog post here by saying I feel endlessly lucky to have been able to spend my internship atBubbleroom, a company so inviting and so prosperous (no really though, they are growing at insane rates, you should check out their stuff!) that has given me a good introduction into the industry. This time will have been crucial for preparing me for my future career.

I’ll leave you with some pictures!
XO - Anna



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.