A blog from the University of Borås

Tuesday 31 May 2022

Blog post by Shafin 3/3 (CLO in VR)


Hej everyone,

How is it going with the end of your internship? I have been reading some of the posts and I am glad that we are really enjoying this part of our program. I am also at the end of my research internship and I got something for you to enjoy as well. So take a fika and spend some time reading my final blog.

If you have read my previous posts you already know that I started my research internship with Handelslabbet at our University on CLO3D. With their exceptional work on different optical devices like Tobii eye tracker glasses, VR setup, and Microsoft's AR glasses (Also known as holoLens) I was introduced to a very fun and interactive research direction. I was challenged to find out newer ways to visualize the designs of CLO. 

Even though CLO is a very powerful software that has a very good simulating capability of the designer's clothes, and with continuous support and updates it keeps getting better, there are some obvious and tiring restrictions for repurposing the design to other platforms that are quite popular among general users. So, in the last few weeks, I have been making many designs and exporting them from CLO to many other platforms and solving technical problems to find out the ideal way to introduce the result of CLO or any other digital designing tools to the generic end-users. 

If you have read the title of the blog you have probably guessed where I have put my designs into. We have successfully developed clothes and created animations to mimic fashion ramp with some minor problems and took it to a VR world for you to see. If you are here during the Exit program on the 3rd of June you are welcome to try it out. You can also check them out online if you don't have access to a VR headset. As the purpose of this research was to take it to the regular people all over the world. Feel free to ask me for an invitation to the VR world if you want to check it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.