A blog from the University of Borås

Saturday 7 May 2022

My journey at a fashion company - part 2

                            A great first month!

 

After now have spent a bit over a month at this company, I have definitely gotten more comfortable and confident about my working tasks. Even though the learning process has been tuff, it contributed to a mindset where I need to take on all tasks and solve them. No matter how difficult they can be. 

 

Since my position is focused mainly on listing profiles that I consider a good fit for the brand, it does not allow me to use my creative side. Finding profiles on different social media platforms, compile them in an excel sheet and contacting them, is mostly what my days look like. Although I have learned alot and explored important computer systems that are used for marketing purposes, the job has made me realize that I want to work with something more creative after my Master’s. 

 

In order to show my mentor that I want to learn as much as I can during my time here, I suggested that I could be more involved with the company by taking on creative tasks outside of my position. One of the tasks I had the opportunity to do, was to create PR packages for some of the bigger profiles we collaborate with. This gave me the opportunity to use my fantasy and create beautiful boxes that showcases the products. I appreciated that the company trusted me to do this, since these are PR boxes that profiles may publish on their social media platforms.


Since I am a very creative person that enjoys working more practical, my mentor is now continuing to brainstorm on what different kind of tasks I could keep working on. This is something I really am looking forward to, and hoping that I soon can start working on new and exiting projects!


Sincerely,

Sofia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.