A blog from the University of Borås

Friday 13 May 2022

My Internship Journey-(1/3)

Dear Mates !

Hope all of you are doing great with your internship and Field Study J.

I am very excited to share that I have been done with my first 02 weeks of my internship.


I really enjoy working at this company and the people working here are also so nice and welcoming. It’s a great place to work. My internship title is “Production and Sourcing intern” and I work together with two other girls in the production team. 

The Stockholm based fashion brand where I am doing my internship, basically their main product is Denim but they have also woven, jersey and knit product but in small portion. Here my main responsibility is assisting with the product development, sampling, and production of upcoming collections, communication with external suppliers to ensure that everything runs smoothly, monitoring and reporting of the progress of the running productions, analyzing and reporting of stock levels and sales figures to assist in the order planning, work closely with the buying, production and sourcing team, assisting with everything from developing the  collection to planning the production and the procurement of the goods. As I have just started so right now I am quite busy to have an understanding on the working procedure, the styles for new collection and what’s the running production, supplier capability, lead time and so on. I have already started contributing in the product quality control project. In addition to it I have also started working on product sustainability issues. I will share more about my experience in my next and last blog post. 

 Have a nice weekend!

 All the best!

 Zarin.

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.