A blog from the University of Borås

Tuesday 3 May 2022

My journey at a fashion company - part 1


 My first two weeks


The beginning of a new job or internship is from experience very challenging, and this was no exception. I am very happy to share that it has been two very educative and interesting first weeks. My role at the company is within influencer marketing as a coordinator, and my main tasks so far have mainly been to list social media profiles, i.e. find new influencers on Instagram and Tik-Tok that fit the brand and want to become ambassadors of the company. My role is therefore aimed at increasing revenue by building relationships with endorsers and analyzing the outcome of these.

Since the influencer marketing department is one of the most important ones, I have noticed that the work I do is very needed to gain brand awareness, which made the start very challenging as I sort of got thrown right into it. It has not felt like I have gotten a proper training session and I am right now learning along the way, which is a new way for me to gain new knowledge. However, I am hopeful that this will not affect my journey in a negative way. I have already contributed with new ideas for collaborations with ambassadors, which was very well received and gave me a boost of confidence. Another task I also am excited about is that I got the responsibility of writing the upcoming newsletter of the month because this gives me the opportunity to show my creative side.

So far, the company has been very welcoming and they are definitely there to help me whenever I have trouble solving something work-related. I personally value the work atmosphere at a company as much as I care about the work I do, so to be around people who respect me whether I am an intern or an employee, is very appreciative. It is a very young and international company, which I definitely like because there are more people you can relate to and have more in common with. 

I am looking forward to the upcoming posts here on the blog and sharing my exciting journey with you.

 

Sincerely,

Sofia

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.