A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 25 April 2016

Digital Marketing & Communication Intern

Dear all,

I am excited to read all of you entries so as to get a small glimpse of what you are doing during your different internships and projects. I am currently working my fifth week of my eight-week internship at Jollyroom in Gothenburg. You have probably already read about the company in Elin’s or Ellinor’s blog entries since we are at the same company but in different departments.  As a reminder, Jollyroom is the largest e-commerce on the Nordic market for children’s products. The company was founded in 2010 and their vision has since the establishment been to be the natural choice for the families. The company has only been available as an e-commerce until three weeks ago when they opened their first outlet store in connection to the distribution center.

Enough said about the company, let me introduce my department and the structure of the four blog entries you will have the opportunity to read. I am interning at the marketing department and am working with digital communication and marketing. Mainly I am producing content for their Facebook, Instagram and newly launched Snapchat. In regards to these three social media channels I am not only spending my days producing content both visually and verbally in accordance with the company’s marketing and communication strategy, but also analyzing and reflecting upon the result from the produced material. I find it interesting that the three social media platforms are used so as to reach different goals, but inevitably all striving to increase market shares and sales. Furthermore, my internship is a lot about integrating with the customers through social media so as to get a personal connection and understand the needs and wants better. Therefore, the following blog entries will focus on the differences amongst the social media channels. Whilst waiting, for those of you curious of what a day at the marketing department looks like you should follow Jollyroom at Snapchat (search for Jollyroom or use the code in the picture) and you will get an everyday glimpse from my internship – it is a lot of fun, I promise! P.S. It’s unfortunately in Swedish!

Wish you all a wonderful week!

Johanna


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.