A blog from the University of Borås

Thursday 21 April 2016

Turning into an eco-enthusiast...

Hejhej everyone ;)

How time flies, that is so true Fien!
I almost finished my third week at Swedish Eco now, a very young brand from Gothenburg that offers underwear from certified organic cotton.
My first weeks here were beyond exciting, even more fun than I already expected when I started and so so userful, too. The two boys (the founders, but we are such a young team and have such an informal atmosphere that I just call them my boys :D) threw me in at the deep end right from the beginning - and this turned out to be the best strategy. So now, after only 2 1/2 weeks here at Swedish Eco I am already leading my own little product extension project, speak to manufacturers and design products together with them while looking for appropriate distributors all over the world. From the very first day on I got great responsibilities and a lot of freedom in handling my projects, which is so amazing and better than I would have ever expected. The two include me as part of the brand as if it was my own little "baby". A good strategy for keeping me bound to the brand and motivated every single day, even throughout challenging tasks.

So, while expecting to mostly taking care of their social media, some marketing and some bureacratic things I am currently organizing photoshootings, managing product development plus planning a business trip to Germany to extend their sales network. This "internship" is definitely teaching me so much more than I could have dreamt of - growing with a great start-up brand is sometimes challening but absolutely fascinating, too. Not to say that I am having the best team ;)

Hope you're all having an amazing time wherever you are! xx Madeleine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.