A blog from the University of Borås

Wednesday 13 April 2016

first week at KILIAN KERNER | Berlin

I have survived the first days of my internship and my feelings can be described as;

amazing – happy – relieving – special – confusing – weird – strange

…but what has happened so far…

Finally, I got my shit together and moved to Berlin, my new fashion capital of Europe. It’s all about dressing up and how to impress others from your own look and style. So, I have decided...what else could it be…wearing THE Swedish color – black. Blackly dressed, I was quite nervous when I was standing in front of the entrance of the atelier of KILIAN KERNER, my workplace for the next three months. A lot of things went through my mind. Are they going to like me, am I going to like it, like the team…state of panic…sweating…but I have told myself. Keep calm and enjoy...you could have ended up way worse by staying in Borås…come on it’s fucking Berlin, it has to be going good anyway!

The first week is over…time flies so fast and I even can’t remember what exactly happened every single day, because there are too many impressions I've got it’s hard to remember all the details. As a production and sampling intern I have to work with the fabrics and yarns first hand. Below are some tasks listed.

  •         Get to know my team, my colleagues and my workplace
  •         Get to know my tasks and workload
  •        Study current collection / previous collection
  •        Doing inventory; measure fabrics and sort the storage 
  •         Contact and negotiate with suppliers



Due to the many impressions I’ve got during the last days I’m struggling with the topic of my final report. What the hell should I chose?! Either I’m going to write about the internal communication between the different departments within the value chain of a company, the supplier as the pixies of a collection, or about the opportunities of textile recycling (fabrics and yarns…not clothing). But since I had a lot of sustainable topics within the last courses...I’m not sure about that. I’ll try to choose the right topic at the end of week two.

…to be continued…



XOXO Mate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.