A blog from the University of Borås

Saturday 16 April 2016

First weeks

Hi!

I’m doing my internship as an Assistant Buyer at Lindex headquarters, which is located in Gothenburg. I’m working at kids department and I’m helping with the following product segments: boys’ tricot and both girls’ and boys’ underwear, nightwear and swimwear. Even though I started my internship two weeks ago, I have already learned a lot. I have worked within the textile industry before but purchasing is a totally new thing to me and it’s very interesting to see how the process works from an idea to an actual product.

I’m mostly working with order handling and samples. It’s nice to notice that I’m doing the same job as an actual Assistant Buyer so I can really see how the process works. When it comes to working with samples, I have made quality tests for them and also commented what is okay and what should be changed. Because Lindex’s products are manufactured in Turkey, China, Bangladesh, India and Pakistan, I’m also working with people around the world. It has been interesting to see what the differences are if I’m working with Lindex’s own production offices or Lindex’s direct suppliers.


I’m enjoying my time here at Lindex and I’m eagerly looking forward to see what I will learn during this internship! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.