A blog from the University of Borås

Thursday 28 April 2016


HEJ EVERYONE!

So much fun reading about your internships and what you’re all doing. I more and more realize that there is a huge industry for us out there to discover, how amazing! J

How time flies when you’re having fun! Yes, I guess we all feel quite the same about that… I can’t believe that it has already been over four weeks since my internship started. I’m doing my internship at the quality assurance department at Consortio Fashion Group in Borås. Consortio Fashion Group owns several online and post order companies and at the quality department we deal with the own production products to perform tests and make sure that the quality is as good as possible! Working at a quality department has been a dream of mine since the first year of my bachelor in Textile Engineering. You might understand that I was happy to get this internship!

So is working with quality questions what I expected it to be? Both yes and no. It has been a lot of work and I have learned so much during these weeks, but I still feel like there is a lot more to learn. Somehow I figure that the more you learn about something, the more you realize that there is to learn! My work day begins right before 8, I catch up with my colleagues and we discuss the situation and what to do during the day. Then we start with the quality testing of samples that has been sent to us from our suppliers. The quality department work closely with the buying department and we carry out tests on pre-production samples and on the shipping samples before these can be approved for further production. If we test pre-production samples here in our ‘lab’, we do a whole ‘in-house test’ to see whether the clothes may shrink during washing, how the color fastness is before and after wash and the overall appearance of the samples. We measure and control the clothes and compare them to previous measure lists and previous samples, we discuss and solve problems with the buying department and the garment technicians. If everything runs smoothly we give clearance to the buyers and the suppliers so the production can start. I now understand why production takes such long time and why the collection are being created years before they reach the customers. A lot of things may have to be changed during the time and all changes need to be tested and approved.

Until next time folks!

Take care and keep writing interesting blog post! J

All best,

Clara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.