A blog from the University of Borås

Tuesday 19 April 2016

My first weeks at Jollyroom

I am doing my internship at the e-commerce company Jollyroom, which is located in Gothenburg and has Sweden’s largest selection of goods for babies, children and pregnant women. It is a relatively newly started company that was established 2010, and has been growing rapidly over these few years and still does. I am at the buying department for textile and shoes. I work in a small team with three other girls, the buyer, the buyer assistant and the buyer coordinator. Jollyroom mainly sells others labels, but also have their own. This means that they need to have close contact with both their suppliers, but also contacts with their manufactures.  

So far it has been some very educational weeks for me. I have been introduced to and worked in programs such as InRiver and SAP that I haven’t been working with before, and become a whole lot better at Excel. InRiver is a program used to publish products that will be sold at the webpage. My job has been to describe the products in an accurate but selling way. This is something that I have done in the beginning as a way to get to know there products. I also have ongoing contact with suppliers about order handling and participate at reviewing samples of Jollyrooms own productions.


These first three weeks as an intern have been both exciting and intense and I am really looking forward to learn more about working as a buyer!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.